[VHFcontesting] January VHF Sweepstakes Es plot

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] January VHF Sweepstakes Es plot
From: jon jones <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:01:47 +0000
I have placed a plot of some of the 50 MHz Es QSOs January 19 on the ARRL
January VHF Sweepstakes Soapbox site. Note
there were at least two Es centers active at the start of the contest - one
over southern Mississippi/Alabama and a second
over North Carolina.

In the January 2002 VHF Sweepstakes I recall there was some F2 from cycle 23. I
logged VO1 and OX via F2 on 6M.

I second Joe, K1JT's comment that "won't it be nice if cycle 24 comes anywhere
close to cycle 19." We can hope.

 - N0JK> Nostalgia Department: My first VHF SS was, I believe, 52 > years ago
in 1956. I was then K2ITP, just starting high > school. Two years later, in a
multi-op effort together with > my brother Hal, K2ITQ, we set an all-time
scoring record > that I think lasted for ten years or so. Of course, it >
helped that we were then near the peak of sunspot cycle 19 > -- and 6 m was
open coast-to-coast for many hours on both > Saturday and Sunday. Won't it be
nice if cycle 24 comes > anywhere close to cycle 19?> > Lots of fun again this
year, as always. There are many ways > to enjoy this great contest!> > -- 73,
Joe, K1JT>