[VHFcontesting] logging

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] logging
From: "frank bechdoldt" <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 07:56:52 -0700
I'm not sure if the logging was dirrected at me, but yeah it should be up
there on the list.

I use a paper spread sheet.  I change sheets in each grid square I pass
through. I put a stations call in when I work them and write the time in for
each band I work them in. I never know my score until I get home thats a
minus. However I can see if I need to work a guy on another band and I can
write a time in thier pretty quick while driving.  As a one man opperation
the lap top can slow you down. if I had to type in 700 qsos and stop to type
each one in it would slow things down considerably.  Theres probaly some
slow grids where I park and waut where I could catch up while I am parked
and listening.

A two person rover would be well off with an rfi free computer, I tried it
once as a single op rover and it was one more thing to wory about.

A digital tape back up isnt a bad idea either.

73s
k3uhf/r