[VHFcontesting] KG6IYN August ARRL UHF Contest

To: <wswss@mailman.qth.net>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>,<vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KG6IYN August ARRL UHF Contest
From: "KG6IYN" <kg6iyn@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:03:12 -0700
Folks,

Looking for input on regional (southwestern US - unless something REALLY
exciting happens :-)) interest as this event is just about 10 days away -
how many folks are going to be on from home and how many might be out
burning 3+ dollar a gallon gas doing the rover effort.

I'm trying to decide on my location for this event, and if all of the
activity is going to be north of my QTH, I'll find a coastal hilltop to set
up on and just maximize the effort looking north from DM12 or DM13.

If there is interest to the east (AZ, NV, etc .) I will set up at my usual
hilltop east of San Diego . on past events I have worked in to DM22, 23, 25,
and 26 from about 1000' ASL along the coast, if the need for folks in the
greater Phoenix is there, being along the coast may not be such a good
location .

Please let me know via the reflector or my email address as attached if
there is any specific need for DM12 - I am currently planning on 222, 432,
902/927, 1296, 2304, 3456 and 10Gig - I can work "modest" stations in to
Phoenix with the bottom three bands since I'm doing most of the "heavy
lifting", 1296 is a bit harder and I haven't tried bands above that . Would
like to try for some distance on 1296, 2304 and up, and that's obviously
easier over water, not dirt and rocks, but I'm open to suggestions and
requests ..

Thx in advance - 73, KG6IYN