[VHFcontesting] CQ WW rule question

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CQ WW rule question
From: "Bill Burgess" <ve3cru@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 23:16:20 -0400
I have made a qso of 12 miles on 432 without an antenna.  Temperature roving
was minus 20 Farenheit.  Put up antennas at one site, got in the minivan and
started contesting from FN04ma.  Switched to 432, called CQ and was answered by
VE3LIZ 12 miles south and 700 feet lower in elevation in FN03.  He worked me
but said my signal was unusually weak.  Later, I found the antenna coax had not
been connected to the 5' of coax out of the Yaesu 780R and both were on the
floor of the minivan well separated.  Was running 22 elmts when hooked up.

Now, was that a disqualified qso?

73,  Bill   VE3CRU/R