Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Tech: Mounting - Will this work?

To: "JT Croteau" <jt.n1ese@gmail.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Tech: Mounting - Will this work?
From: "WBR" <wbr@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 21:03:34 -0400
JT,
    I'm not an ME but I thought that I would respond anyway.  The trailor
hitch end sounds ok except, I would be sure to use some black dacron antenna
rope for guys to the front bumper or other solid anchoring point.

You say that you want to use a ten foot mast and then on top put more hight.
Don't forget that you need to stay below eleven feet over-all from the
roadway.  I'm not sure that you really need ten feet of mast.  Just use what
will get you above the vehicle safely, and use guy anchors to another part
of the car.
Also, I think that some sort of shim between your mast and the steel rod
would be in order to stop rattles.  Use something non-matalic.  Ferrous
steel and aluminum don't get along well.

This is only my opinion, I am not recommending anything.  So the caveat is
that you do at your own risk.
GL es
73,
Bill, WF4R