[VHFcontesting] EN39 VE3/KC8QVO final update

To: VHFContesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] EN39 VE3/KC8QVO final update
From: steve d <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:31:08 -0700 (PDT)
Well, Im in the process of loading up the truck. Ill be packing  everything and
heading out ASAP. So Ill make this my final update  before the trip.

  As of right now we will be in EN39 Friday evening. The sun usually sets  up
there about 9:30-10:00 centrail time so Ill probably be able to get  a rig up
on the air on my screwdriver antenna that night. Ill leave the  40m vert and
VHF/UHF beams for later.

  Saturday we are going to a party back in the states. It is at 2:00  central
time, so we will head out at noon. I cant say for sure what  time we will be
back, but my guess is it will be around 8-9:00. So that  takes care of most of
saturday. I can probably get my beams assembled  and ready to put up between
what time I have friday and saturday.

  Sunday Ill put the beams up. Hopefully I can get everything set up  right. I
am pretty confident I can get them up after my Field Day  trial. I know what to
expect and I have a few problems corrected, so it  will only be easier.. I hope.

  I will be on the air periodically until Wed afternoon with the beams.  Ill
need to start dissasembling things that afternoon. We are going to  leave
Thursday evening. Ill leave my screwdriver up so I can stay on  the air and
catch any last minute 6m openings thursday.

  Remember, Ill be around 7.280-7.300 when Im on the air so youll have an
alternate way to contact me for a sked or whatever. If 6m (or any other  band)
gets hopping pretty hot I wont be paying attention to 40m. Ill  have my hands
tied on VHF.

  73's and hope to hear you in the pileups!
  Steve, (VE3/)KC8QVO