Re: [VHFcontesting] question about 50.125 use

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] question about 50.125 use
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 08:06:44 -0500 (CDT)
If people tune around for stations, that will inspire others to call CQ on
frequencies other than the calling frequency in a contest.

I have nothing against using 50.125.  But in the Spring 50 MHz Sprint I
called CQ as high up as 50.160 and only got responses when I was in the
range of 50.125 to 50.130. I only heard a couple CQ's above that range in
that contest. I wonder why people weren't tuning up the band, listening.

Maybe it's because that was a contest with fewer participants. In a major
contest with a major opening, people spread out more.

73, Zack W9SZ