Re: [VHFcontesting] 847 comments

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 847 comments
From: Ray J <ray@w9ray.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 02:36:22 -0500
At our TCRA field day site over the last few years we have operated with
various radios, including  a ft-920,  ft-847's and  regular IC-746's and
the 847's always seemed to be next to useless on any open bands and
received bad interference from other on site transmitters on other bands
... while the 920 and the 746 were usable, they were not super by any
means... the ft-1000d and the ft1000mp has been by far the best radio we
have had the pleasure to operate on at field day..with the 1000d beating
the mp..

Ray J

W9RAY
en44gt