Re: [VHFcontesting] Shortest time to 2m VUCC

To: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Shortest time to 2m VUCC
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:24:05 -0800
On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 11:15:26AM -0800, John Geiger wrote:
> So here is another question brought up my your
> comment, why was 2 meter activity more in the 1980s?

I can not agree with this based on my experiance here in Texas.  There
seem to be more folks on the band these days than in the 80's.

Maybe things are diffrent up in the Northeast where you have many more
folks to work.

Of course I do not have any sort of quantative thing to prove that and
I am not sure you can prove much by just looking at the numbers from
the contests.

The contest data is for one weekend and you do not not have any data
about what the conditions were like.

What do the QSO totals look like for all of these years?

> 73s John W5TD
>
> --- curtis roseman <croseman@usc.edu> wrote:
>
> > VHFers:
> >
> > Below is a list of all the stations that have worked
> > at least 100 grids in a
> > June or September ARRL VHF QSO Party.   Note: the
> > June contest
> > started using grids in1985 and the September contest
> > in 1983.
> >
> > Grids/          Call/           Class/
> > Section/      Contest/       Year/
> > 121 W8VP    M       OH      JUNE    85
> > 116 W9UD    M       IL      JUNE    85
> > 114 AA9D    M       IL      SEPT    92
> > 114 WS4F    M       NC      SEPT    86
> > 111 W4BFB   M       TN      SEPT    86
> > 110 W2SZ/1  M       WMA     SEPT    92
> > 110 AA9D    M       IL      JUNE    87
> > 108 N8FMD   M       WV      SEPT    92
> > 108 WD8ISK  M       OH      JUNE    85
> > 105 N8FMD   M       WV      JUNE    89
> > 103 K8GP    M       WV      SEPT    98
> > 102 WD8ISK  M       WV      SEPT    88
> > 101 K8GP    M       WV      SEPT    01
> >
> > In addition, OK1KIM worked 107 Grids on 2 meters in
> > the 2005 CQWW
> > VHF July Contest.   (Results of the 2006 CQ contest
> > are not out yet.)
> > I have not checked the January VHF SS--it is
> > possible, but I think unlikely,
> > that 100 grids have been worked  on 2 in that one.
> >
> > Notice the domination of the late 1980s in the above
> > data.   Two meter
> > activity was more widespread then.
> >
> > 73,   Curt Roseman k9aks

George Fremin III - K5TR