Re: [VHFcontesting] Shortest time to 2m VUCC

To: Dan_K9ZF <n9rla@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Shortest time to 2m VUCC
From: curtis roseman <croseman@usc.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:23:14 -0600
VHFers:

Below is a list of all the stations that have worked at least 100 grids in a
June or September ARRL VHF QSO Party.   Note: the June contest
started using grids in1985 and the September contest in 1983.

Grids/          Call/           Class/         Section/      Contest/
Year/
121     W8VP    M       OH      JUNE    85
116     W9UD    M       IL      JUNE    85
114     AA9D    M       IL      SEPT    92
114     WS4F    M       NC      SEPT    86
111     W4BFB   M       TN      SEPT    86
110     W2SZ/1  M       WMA     SEPT    92
110     AA9D    M       IL      JUNE    87
108     N8FMD   M       WV      SEPT    92
108     WD8ISK  M       OH      JUNE    85
105     N8FMD   M       WV      JUNE    89
103     K8GP    M       WV      SEPT    98
102     WD8ISK  M       WV      SEPT    88
101     K8GP    M       WV      SEPT    01

In addition, OK1KIM worked 107 Grids on 2 meters in the 2005 CQWW
VHF July Contest.   (Results of the 2006 CQ contest are not out yet.)
I have not checked the January VHF SS--it is possible, but I think unlikely,
that 100 grids have been worked  on 2 in that one.

Notice the domination of the late 1980s in the above data.   Two meter
activity was more widespread then.

73,   Curt Roseman k9aks