Re: [VHFcontesting] Captive Roving...whatever that is, really

To: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Captive Roving...whatever that is, really
From: mail@jimforsyth.com
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:57:07 -0700
Well there is a common understanding, in principle, of both captive
roving and grid circling and there has been a lot of discussion of both
on here and some of it has been meaningful. The problem comes when you
need an exact definition to be used in a rule, then you discover it is
impossible to pin either of them down with precision so that you could
say this station is doing it and that station is not doing it.

I would be amused to see a rule with a definition of either because then
the game would be to operate just on the legal side of the line and the
whole arguement would start up again.

73 Jim, AF6O

Hi Jim,
It has been my experience that, without a common understanding,
meaningful communication is improbable.  If something cannot be
defined, then its very existance should be treated a suspect at best.

Regards,
Ev, W2EV