[VHFcontesting] 2 meter contest participation

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>,<sidewindersontwo@yahoogroups.com>, <6meter@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2 meter contest participation
From: "John Geiger" <ne0p@lcisp.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 04:39:22 -0000
I received the April CQ magazine in the mail today, and in the write up for the
2005 CQVHF contest, the writer made the following statement:  "....underscoring
the continued decline in 2-meter North American contest activity."  Assuming
that this is true (after all, it is the April issue), why do others think this
is occurring?  I have some ideas I will share with the lists tomorrow after I
think them through a little more, but interested in what others think might be
causing this decline.  And the ARRL VHF contest committee has been studying
ways to increase VHF contest activity. Why do they think that 2 meter activity
is down.

73s John NE0P
EM04to-Lawton, OK