[VHFcontesting] K1DS sprint 2m results

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K1DS sprint 2m results
From: "Rick R" <rick1ds@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 23:18:06 -0400
60 QSOs in 20 grids, including some longer hauls to EN92. Lots of noise when
pointing the antenna S/SW. Took two pieces of a long yagi to assemble on
site. Unfortunately, they were not the matching set, so a quick field repair
to remove a 3 element section and mate the remainder, 15 elements, that
seemed to work fine. (I have two of these 18 el Yagis, but they have
slightly different booms.) The amplifier did get hot, had thermal shut-down,
and we opened the van doors to cool it off and get back on line. Will
definitely need a fan on it for the future. Shut down at 10PM in order to
dissemble the antenna and drive home. Can't rove with the long yagi, but it
is now ready to try some EME soon with the pair of antennas. Had fun, and
appreciate all who got on and gave us a shout. 73, Rick K1DS & Leon N1XKT