Re: [VHFcontesting] repairing a transverter

To: "Ray J" <ray@w9ray.org>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] repairing a transverter
From: "wbr wf4r" <wbr@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:47:26 -0500
Ray J,
         The best thing in the world to keep from over driving a transverter
is to use the DEMI Tranverter Interface Board.   I finally learned my leason
and invested in the kit while at the SVHFS Conference this year.   It works
by applying a fixed ALC voltage to the IF rig to keep its power output
minimal.   The DEMI transverters are very sensitive to drive in that they
take very little to drive it to full output.  The DEMI TIB is a very
inexpensive investment and it will pretty much garrantee that you will not
put too much power into your transverter.  I seem to recall that I only paid
$20 for the kit.  Worth every penny!
73,
Bill,
WF4R