Re: [VHFcontesting] Multiple Calls,Same Rover

To: "VHFContesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Multiple Calls,Same Rover
From: <w0eea@sbbco.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 21:27:38 -0600
Ev,  Tom,  Mark and others who find this topic of interest,

After I posted my last message I went back and reread the relavent rules.

Rules 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 are general prohibitions.  Rule 1.3 restates the
general prohibition,
but specifically excepts family operation as defined in General Rule 3.5.
Any time a specific
exception is made to a general prohibition by rules of equal force the
specific exception
takes precedence.  Therefore after rereading the rules,  the conclusion is
inescapable that
a rules wording change would be required to prevent family operation in
rovers,  not just
a clarification of the rules from headquarters.  Therefore the current
policy of allowing
such operations mentioned by Mark and Tom is the correct one,  and if the
League desires
to prohibit such operation in the future they need to _change the rules_.

73,

Jim