Re: [VHFcontesting] September Rovers

To: Matt Patterson <mattpatt@1starnet.com>,VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] September Rovers
From: Ken Alexander <k.alexander@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:10:00 -0400 (EDT)
After doing the conversions from litres to US gallons
and Canadian dollars to U.S. dollars, I can tell you
that regular gas was $4.08 per gallon this morning.
It was 25% less than that on Tuesday evening.

I've been wondering the same thing, but my rove isn't
that long, maybe 350 miles, and the VolksRover gets
about 40 miles per (Imperial) gallon.  This is to be
my first time out as a rover, and I've been looking
forward to it too much to stop now.

The long term reality is that gas prices are going to
continue to rise, even without production
interruptions.  My money might be better spent wining
and dining my landlords to convince them to let me put
up an antenna system at home!!  8-)

73,

Ken Alexander, VE3HLS
www.ve3hls.com