Re: [VHFcontesting] NEW Topic - Interference from GPS on 222

To: "'John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK'" <k9jk73@msn.com>,"'VHF Contesting'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>,"'vhf mailing_list'" <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] NEW Topic - Interference from GPS on 222
From: "Stephen Hicks, N5AC" <n5ac@n5ac.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:19:39 -0500
> Has anyone else experienced interference from their GPS right on the 222
> Narrow Band Calling frequency?

I run several GPSs in the truck when roving, specifically a Garmin GPS 182C,
a 276C and on occasion a Motorola Encore.  The 182C does make some noise and
I have had to turn it off on rare occasions although I can't remember
specific frequencies.  I suspect some of this has to do with where it is and
the length and type of cabling -- I have the cables run from the dash of the
truck to under the rear seat and plugged into a computer for mapping.  The
cable doesn't appear to be shielded, etc.

Steve, N5AC