Re: [VHFcontesting] WTX roving part 2

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] WTX roving part 2
From: "Mike - KM0T" <km0t@qsl.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:06:15 -0500
Not to change the subject, but where did this come from?

> The Arrl has also stated that Jan will be the contest where they chop off
the 2.4 and up because of snow.   Some of us suggested moving that idea of
theirs to January since
mountains have snow on them then.  That worked.  Jan may be the last contest
like
the "traditional" Jan contests have been.

I am not aware that anything official has been stated by the ARRL or the VHF
advisiory subcommittee making recommendations to the MSC (membership sevices
committte)
for rule changes of the January Contest.  I was a member of the VHF
subcommittee and do not
recall anything of the sort being stated for the January Contest.  Please
let me know what I missed or if you can, correct the statement if need be.

Thanks and 73

Mike - KM0T