[VHFcontesting] Rare Grids

To: VHF <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rare Grids
From: Michael Urich <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 22:36:28 -0500
OK, I'm willing to take this on as a new thread instead of a format
survey unless someone wants to do it for me.

How important is it you to have individuals or groups make an
investment in a VHF DX-pedition <aka> activate rare NA grids?

Would you be willing to travel up to 500 miles to meet up with a muti-op team?

Would you be willing to travel 500-1000 miles to meet up with a muti-op team?

Would you be willing to travel 1000+ miles to meet up with a muti-op team?

Would you be willing to travel up to 500 miles to set up a single-op station?

Would you be willing to travel 500-1000 miles to set up a single-op station?

Would you be willing to travel say 1000+ miles to set up a single-op station?

Would you be willing to travel up to 500 miles over the course of a
week-end activating grids as a rover?

Would you be willing to travel 500-1000 miles over the course of a
week-end activating grids as a rover?

Would you be willing to travel 1000+ miles over the course of a
week-end activating grids as a rover?

How many bands would you try to operate irregardless of which ones
count for contest points?

Would you be willing to load equipment like rigs, amps and possibly
antennas to others so that they could activate a rare grid?

Would you donate just $20 to help offset travel expenses for a MOLP or
MOHP team to activate rare grids?

Do you encourage newbies and / or hams with limited <FM only> stations
to get on the air and and at least make some contacts in their area?

Or ... would you rather set in you station and work basically the same
stations you work each contest in the same grids on the same bands
over and over again?

BTW from EL29 <NASA / Clear Lake area of Houston> to accessible public
land in DL-79 is about 700 miles or 14-15 hours <with fuel / food
stops> each way.  OK by clicking on the send button I have assured you
that I have my NOMEX and awaiting all flames

--

Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://www.ka5cvh.com/democ.htm