Re: [VHFcontesting] Re: Sports vs. Radiosports (George Fremin III)

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Re: Sports vs. Radiosports (George Fremin III)
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 00:00:34 -0500 (CDT)
On Mon, 6 Sep 2004, jon jones wrote:

> I use a paper log for single op portable operating. More reliable than the
> lap top "in the field." Some rovers still keep paper logs. There is a web
> based Cabrillo app. for those who log on paper to convert their contest logs
> to the Cabrillo format by typing them in:
>
> WA7BNM Web2Cabrillo 1.03
>
> Thus the "paper loggers" can submit their logs electronically. A "contest
> log" deadline of 1 to 3 days would be possible.
>
> - NØJK

I do the same thing.  Right now it's just too much stuff I'm cramming into
my little car to be active on 8 to 10 bands as a single op portable.  I
forsake the laptop computer and log onto paper logs.  Then when I get home
Sunday evening after the contest, I put everything into a CT log and
generate the Cabrillo log to send to ARRL.

CT is now free to download and use, and it's the computer prpgram I "cut
my teeth on" for contest logging.

73, Zack W9SZ