[VHFcontesting] Re: Sports vs. Radiosports (George Fremin III)

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Sports vs. Radiosports (George Fremin III)
From: "jon jones" <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 01:12:40 +0000
A 21st century Focus does not include hams who do not have means to electronically submit logs, or who choose to use paper logging? Let's keep the focus on being inclusive rather than exclusive. I'm sure the contest sponsors would narrow the window if their experience would allow for it.

- W2EV

While I do not know the exact numbers - there are very few
paper logs submitted these days - and the numbers keep going down every year.

- K5TR

I use a paper log for single op portable operating. More reliable than the lap top "in the field." Some rovers still keep paper logs. There is a web based Cabrillo app. for those who log on paper to convert their contest logs to the Cabrillo format by typing them in:

WA7BNM Web2Cabrillo 1.03

Thus the "paper loggers" can submit their logs electronically. A "contest log" deadline of 1 to 3 days would be possible.

- NØJK