[VHFcontesting] 2004 CQ WW VHF Contest

To: vhf-contests@blacksheep.org, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu,vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2004 CQ WW VHF Contest
From: John Lindholm <w1xx@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:27:43 -0700 (PDT)
VHF Enthusiasts Worldwide:

In spite of generally flat conditions everywhere during the July 17 - 18 CQ WW
VHF Contest, response entries have been very good....nearly on pace with the
previous year's phenomenal conditions.  I have requests from clubs who are
transcribing paper logs for e-entry to extend the deadline past September
1....thus the robot will accept logs for several more days yet.  To show your
support for this VHF contest, please submit even the most modest of scores via
e-mail attachment to cqvhf@cqww.com.  An hourly update of logs received is
posted on http://www.cqww.com/2004vhflogs.htm.  Paper entries may be entered
on-line at http://www.b4h.net/cabforms/cqwwvhf_cab.php or snail mailed to CQ
VHF Contest, 25 Newbridge Rd., Hicksville, NY 11801 USA.  ALL entries are
published in the official results in CQ Magazine.  We'd be glad to help you
with any questions regarding entry at vhfquestions@cqww.com.

Plaques to be issued for the first time in the 2004 contest have just come back
from the vendor.  Let me tell you, this is one BEAUTIFUL plaque....that top
scorers will be proud to display in their shacks.  See the digital image on
page 92, July CQ.  The response for sponsorship has been good....but individual
and club sponsors are still needed.  Please see www.cq-amateur-radio.com for
details on sponsoring a plaque.

The CQ World-Wide family of contests attracts thousands of HF entries.  Let's
continue to move the VHF sibling in the same direction:  SUBMIT YOUR SCORE.
TNX,  73, and may all your clouds be of the E variety.

-- John Lindholm, W1XX
CQ WW VHF Contest Director