Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL VHF+ contest proposals: input invited

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL VHF+ contest proposals: input invited
From: "Tom Carney" <tomc7@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 22:23:51 -0800
From: "Steve Gilmore - W4SHG" <shg@staffnet.com>

> 2) QSO Point Changes
>
>  Standardizing point scoring to two (2) points, 3 points and a
> Rover contact only being one no matter where the rover is located is
INSANE.
> Why again penalize the rovers who travel to a distant grid that have no
VHF
> activity. Stupid Idea, sorry folks but this concept again penalizes the
> rovers who work harder than anyone in these contests.

I absolutely agree with this.  Why should a station only get one point for
working a rover?  Why would anyone bother responding to the CQ of a rover
during a six meter band opening when the band is boiling with three points
oportunities?  It's not even clear what problem the committee is attempting
to solve with this rule.

Although I have operated most recent contest as a rover, if this rule is
adopted, it is very very unlikley I will ever operate as a rover again.  OK
might rove during the CQ VHF test.

73  Tom  KE6FI