Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Circling Solution [was: ARRL VHF+ contestprop

To: VHFContesting eMail Remailer <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Circling Solution [was: ARRL VHF+ contestproposals: input invited]
From: "Lee Hiers" <aa4ga@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:37:09 -0500
On 20 Feb 2004 at 22:23, Ev Tupis wrote:

> > And what if I decide to take the same route both days?
>
> You should consider a different strategy.  This one isn't allowed under
> this proposal (and neither is grid circling).

Your proposal, as K8MR stated, is stupid.

> > Both are perfectly legitimate activities.
>
> Legitimacy isn't the issue.  There are many legitimate activities that
> the rules prohibit.  In example: a multiop may QSO their own operators
> above 2.3GHz, yet qso's below 2.3ghz are certainly as legit...yet they
> are prohibited.

You *really* don't get it, do you?

Legitimate, as in: an activity which is within the spirit
of the rules.  The reason your example of QSOs between a
multi-op and its operators isn't legitimate is because that
would most likely be done simply to manufacture contacts
for the multi - "captive" QSOs, as it were.

For someone who is out to have some fun and give out some
casual contacts, the scenarios Jim and I mentioned are not
at all at odds with the spirit of fair competition.

Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, Georgia