[VHFcontesting] KB6KQ FT-100

To: C L A R C <clarc@clarc.org>, 50 Mhz <50mhz@mailman.qth.net>,Rover <rover@mailman.qth.net>, VHF <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KB6KQ FT-100
From: Michael Urich <ka5cvh@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:15:30 -0800 (PST)
OK maybe I should have added this to the original post so here goes.

Yes, I tried a different piece of coax (twice) that was in service on a higher
band just to make
sure.  All three pieces were virtually brand new JSC RG-8X less than 25' long.

The FT-100 has had the mods performed by Yaesu while under warranty.

I have used the FT-100 on other antennas (after mod) and do not get the SWR
icon.

During the contest I used the FT-100 on my 1/4 whip on the trunk and had no
problems.

Yes, I like the antenna and am going to buy the 222 now that I have 222 in my
FT-736.  I'm sure
that something has just come loose that is within my skill capablities, I just
need to find out
how to get into the "black box" and fix it without tearing the black box up.

Mike KA5CVH

=====
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://www.ka5cvh.com