[VHFcontesting] MAD

To: <packrats@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] MAD
From: "Bill Seabreeze" <w3iy@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 18:34:05 -0500
Well...it was awesome!  Lots of activity...so much that we
lost track of a few friends while chasing electrons across
the microwave bands...sri guys...

We had wall-to-wall signals in FM08us...lots of rovers,
fixed stations, and even a few mobiles...cool!

Highlights were working W3HMS & KB8VAO on 24GHz
from FM19aw.  John & Steve were pinning the s-meter at my
end...not bad for a humid day...We tried 47GHz, but only
made it one way...it's hard to break the 100Km barrier with
100uWatts!

We lucked into Bob, K8TQK in EM89 in the afternoon, and
were able to complete QSOs on 2.3 & 3.4 GHz...nice!

Signals to/from AA2UK were curiously 10-15dB weaker than
last week...indicating that condx were down.  Bill was still a
solid S5 on 5.7 & 10 GHz...not bad for a closed band!

Lots of guys on new bands....check it out!!

Tnx fer all the activity...hopfully we are all a little closer to being
ready for the ARRL Jan VHF SS on 24/25 January!  (Yes, that's
really the date...don't be misled by the mistake in QST...)  CU on
the bands!!  Try Monday nite 1900 local for even more action!
Turn on...tune in...LOCK-ON!!

73,
Bill W3IY