Re: [VHFcontesting] A suggestion for Limiting MultiOps[was:Asuggestion

To: aa4ga@contesting.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] A suggestion for Limiting MultiOps[was:Asuggestion for...
From: SteveWS4F@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:21:07 EST
In a message dated 12/16/03 9:55:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
aa4ga@contesting.com writes:
Having limted multiops, as we have now, or limited single
ops, or even single band entries has no effect over your
use of the spectrum.
Ah, but it does, Lee.  The introduction and continuation of the Limited
Multiop class caused and causes many people who do have, or would have had,
access
to microwave equipment not to use it, or acquire it, because they consider
themselves more competitive in the  Limited Class.  Thus, there are many fewer
people on the microwave bands for me, or anyone else, to work during contests.
Also, fewer people have that equipment available or working during band
openings, etc., so there is a general decline in microwave activity.  Whether
or not
this will effect our ability to retain those bands is a political question
that is debatable, but the damage done to micorwave activity by the Limited
Class is not, IMHO.

73,

Steve, K4RF
QRV 160m thru 10 GHz.