[VHFcontesting] RE: [WSVHF] FS/FT 222mhz 120 watt amp

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] RE: [WSVHF] FS/FT 222mhz 120 watt amp
From: Mike.Bergstraesser@PREMERA.com (Mike Bergstraesser)
Date: Fri Aug 15 13:57:33 2003
Hi John.  Thanks for the email.

I think I would like a T-81A too (there is one for sale now, see the post
below on eham.net).  They look like a pretty cool HT.  But, I would probably
end up just putting it on a shelf with my other HTs.

Here's what I have to trade:

Yaesu FT-7100M - The reviews are terrible on this mobile rig but mine has
worked perfectly and is 9.5 cosmetic and 10.0 electrical.  I replaced this
rig recently with a Kenwood TM-255A.  I'm boxing this up for sale right now.

Kenwood TM-455A - This is a rare rig that is the mate for the TM-255A.  I
hate to part with this radio because it is a great performer on 432 but
between by TS-2000, IC-706, and FT-817, it just isn't getting used.  Again,
excellent shape, 9.5/10 cos/elec.  I'm also boxing this up for sale now.

Icom IC-W32A - I wasn't planning on getting rid of this HT but if it
interests you at all maybe we could work something out.  Cosmetically, it is
beginning to show wear on some of the buttons eg scan...I would give it a 7.
Electrically, the battery is beginning to show signs of age by not holding a
charge as long as it use to and the DC jack middle pin decided to
permanently mate with the wall-wart adaptor plug a month ago, so it is not
functioning now.  Other than that, it works perfectly ;)  What I like about
this radio is the true cross-band repeat.  It's also a very good HT for
working the LEO sats at low power...just plug it in to your Moonraker 4x4
crossed-yagi array are you are good to go!  Seriously, I've worked UO14 with
the duck.

That's about all I have for trade considerations right now.  I am busy
putting together a rover station for the Sept VHF/UHF contest and wanted the
extra power on 222.  But, so far you are only the second to respond (the
first guy already had an offer and ended up selling his amp).
Unfortunately, there's not a lot of equipment in use for this band.

Anyway, this is probably more than you wanted to know.  Let me know if
anything interests you or, if you want to sell outright, that would work
too.

73,

Mike W7ZZT

-----OriDate  Posted by  Category
Aug 03, 2003
 KA3QOT
 HF Radios

ICOM T-81A FM/VHF/UHF HT
I have for sale a barely used (less than 10 hours) ICOM T-81A FM/VHF/UHF HT.
It includes four bands and Commercial FM: 50 MHz, 144 MHz, 440 MHz, and 1.2
GHz. It is in Mint condition and works great. Output is 5 watts high; 0.5
watts low. Water-Resistant. 124 Memories, including name capability. 9 DTMF
Memories. Tone Squelch. Auto repeater functions. Great sound.

Non-Smoker household. Selling since I have installed a 2 meter VHF rig in my
car and that's all I need.

Comes complete with charger, original user manual, original brochure, and
original box. In absolute great shape. Picture available upon request.

$255 or best offer. Buyer pays for shipping/handling from Zip 19460.

Interested? E-mail me at dennisdm@earthlink.net

73 de KA3QOT

Dennis

Phone: None entered   Email: holden190@hotmail.com  Email this to a friend!