[VHFcontesting] Re: Captive Rover in Indiana

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Captive Rover in Indiana
From: W0eea@aol.com (W0eea@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 18:45:12 2003
> move your group out here to Indiana.? There
> are no captive rovers here,

Hi Dan,

One of the problems with captive rovers is that you often don't know they are
there.  Without seeing the logs you can't tell,  after all the reason they
are a problem is that you don't get to work them.  Specifically I have been a
captive rover in Indiana (1989, 1990, 1991 June before the 'work everyone' rule
was in place)  and I stayed with the multi station in Illinois while others
drove my rover van until we stopped going to Bald Knob to set up.  But until at
least 1994 I know there was a captive rover in Indiana for every June contest.

Once the rule was in place we adapted our operating habits to conform,  but
those who haven't ( I remember a leaked message from a multi station's
reflector just before June 2 years ago which said they were having trouble
finding
enough operators for their 12(!) group equipped rovers - I'd love to see those
logs.) tend to be almost invisible.

One of the reasons I started commenting on this is because I've been on all
sides of these issues at one time or another.

73,

Jim
w0eea@aol.com