[VHFcontesting] Re: Why we participate [was:REMINDER:...CU2QSOPioneers]

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Why we participate [was:REMINDER:...CU2QSOPioneers]
From: n2im@juno.com (Charles Barkowski)
Date: Fri Jul 25 16:25:01 2003
Why would it be fair to put someone in an assisted category for using
CU2QSO, just because others don't?  That would be like making a special
limited-single-op-low-power category for those who are not fortunate
enough, or maybe prefer not, to operate with all available bands.  I
think the main problem here is that it takes away the "old-school" style
of having to depend on yourself for all operating tasks.  If I were to
use a Morse Code reader (or software) to decode CW contacts, should that
put me into an assisted category?  I think it would follow that to give
the next band you are QSYing to work someone at would be self-spotting,
wouldn't it?  Is that assistance to the op on the other end?
73,
Charlie N2IM