[VHFcontesting] Logging stations heard but not worked

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Logging stations heard but not worked
From: Buck.Calabro@commsoft.net (Buck Calabro)
Date: Fri Jul 25 16:03:40 2003
I'm a beginning Rover, and realise my station isn't going to compete with
everyone else with nice antennas and more power.  Anyway, I can hear more
stations than I can work (and I really try to work 'em!)  I'd sort of like to
keep track of stations I can hear; if only to learn about how far I can expect
to work Es with my set up.

1) Is this odd?  Do most people log stations heard?
2) If yes, do you keep a separate log of 'almost'
   QSOs, and then transfer them to the Real Log
   when/if you work the other end?
3) Am I making more work for myself than I need to?

73!
  --buck KC2HIZ