[VHFcontesting] Re: Reply to Mark K2AXX

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Reply to Mark K2AXX
From: braillist@sympatico.ca (Bill Burgess)
Date: Mon Jul 21 13:59:21 2003
Greetings Mark.  When sitting 80% of the time on 50.180 calling CQ and the band
scope set to 12.5 it gives me no advantage over you.  I rarely use the band
scope off 12.5.  Setting a band scope to cover 200 kc in a contest will drive
you nuts.  Too  many spikes including all the noise spikes too and as others
have said, seeing a signal does not tell you if you worked that station before
in a contest.  Weak signals often cannot be discerned on a spectrum scope
amongst the noise spikes.  I hope you get a chance to try one for yourself.
Thanks for your comments.

Bill

Email: braillist@sympatico.ca