[VHFcontesting] Rover logging

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rover logging
From: tomc7@earthlink.net (Tom Carney)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:51 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "George Burton" <k7wwa@saber.net>
To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 3:45 PM

> Hi
>
> I will be roving in the June contest. I am looking for suggestions for
> logging software.
>
> George
> k7wwa

I've used N3FJP's VHF logging software for several contest and not had any
problems.  I've also evaluated KM logger and it worked fine.

One caution, before the contest, make sure you can see the screen of your PC
in a variety of light conditions.  I rove in a Jeep and have found it
impossible to see the screen when there is a bright glare from the sun.
I've tried various sun shields (a cardboard hood) but have not been able to
solved the problem.  As a result, I end up paper logging and then using the
computer logging program after the contest to produce the cabrillo file.  KM
logger has a post contest mode that is easier to use than N3FJP's logger for
this style of operation.

73  Tom  KE6FI/r