[VHFcontesting] Captivating Rovers [was: A Brief History of...]

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Captivating Rovers [was: A Brief History of...]
From: w4rx@starpower.net (James Ahlgren MD)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:48 2003
Ev,

K3DNE and I both live in the shadow of a successful megamultiop with several
"captivated" rovers.  I have NEVER had any problem working those rovers, in
fact they often call me.  They are having fun; you couldn't pay them to do
what they do.  Since Ed perfectly fits your description of a top SO, he
probably has had the same experience.  The imagined concept of "captive"
rovers doesn't seem to exist in my neighborhood.  Maybe the farther we are
separated geographically from the competition the more we suspect their
motives????  From the multiop's point of view, it's not necessary to have
"your" rovers refuse to work others to give you a competitive advantage; the
fact that they are roving fairly close to your station is already giving you
that advantage.  What's wrong with that?  Sure, those rovers help their
Elmering sponsors (in a major way).  But they help us too and we are
grateful.

Keep it up.  I enjoy your style of reporting.

73,
Jim
W4RX