[VHFcontesting] A Brief History of (Captive) Roving

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] A Brief History of (Captive) Roving
From: w2ev@arrl.net (Ev Tupis (W2EV))
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:48 2003
Tom Carney wrote:
<snip>
> I've never even heard a captive rover much less had one refuse to work me.)

Is it possible that the "Captive Rover" is a mythological creature?  No one
likes it, but that's ok 'cause it doesn't really exist. :)

Ok...fess up.  Who on this list has had a rover refuse to QSO them?  Then fess
up as to why -- truthfully.  My bets are that (if it HAS happened) it's because
your station on the band that you wanted to work them on was too piddly weak to
waste time with...they're on a schedule, after all).  Remember...THEY have a
strategy, too.  It's not all about you.

giggling,
Ev, W2EV