[VHFcontesting] New Thoughts on all of this!

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] New Thoughts on all of this!
From: martho@ameritech.net (Mark)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:46 2003
Minimum Distance for QSO's....

I live in the Chicago area where there is a high density of hams. Why
should be punished by a rule change? I have 3 stations less than 1KM from
me.  I have worked to recruit each of them over the past years. They now
participate in every contest. If you change the rules to require a minimum
distance, you have now eliminated 15 contacts for me and any reward for my
efforts.

Don't change the rules! There is nothing wrong with the rules!!!!

As for the 2.3G and up stuff...
Good for the people who build stuff and use it. I built two laser xcvrs. I
am very proud of them and happy to be able to use them. It was a very proud
moment when I was able to make my first Q on a new band with equipment I
built and constructed from a schematic found on the internet. Who cares if
it is harder to line them up at 1KM as opposed to in the backyard? At least
I built them and am using them. BTW... Four other guys in our club built
them as a result of us talking about them. Four new contacts for those with
lasers as Rovers who stop by other multi's or fixed stations are very popular.

How about each of us go out and find more people to get on the air. You
must spend more time recruiting people to get on the air and teaching them
about VHF/UHF than you do typing on your computer.  I suggest that everyone
who reads this needs to go out and find one more person to be active in the
June Contest. Until you have recruited one more person and submitted their
call to the list, you no longer can post to the list!

Going to find my person. Hopefully, I will report back soon!

Mark
N9UM
www.vx5.com/~teampf
KI9R