[VHFcontesting] Ideal contesting rig

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Ideal contesting rig
From: ka5cvh@ka5cvh.com (Mike Urich)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:34 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Geiger" <johngeig@yahoo.com>

If it were up to me, here is what the ideal rig would
look like.  Lets call it the Yaesu FT746 (an upgrade
from the 736, as the 847 was a step backwards)

Mike wrote

OK ... and AlGore can dream of an internal combustion engine free world too!

Actually from the Yaesu line I'd like to see an upgrade to the my 736 as
well even if the rig was somewhat larger.  So while we're "dreaming"

50MHz, 72MHz, 144MHz,  222MHz, 430MHz, 902MHz, 1.2GHz, 2.3GHz & 3.6GHz all
at 100 watts and no modules.

Now, to decide whether you want individual antenna jacks for each band. and
how many bands you could actually monitor simultaneously.

Mike Urich, KA5CVH
www.ka5cvh.com
http://www.ka5cvh.com/vhf/vhfindex.htm
http://www.ka5cvh.com/vhf/roverpix/roverpix.htm