[VHFcontesting] Re: TT526: VHF/p Upgrade Modification - Has Anyone Tried

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: TT526: VHF/p Upgrade Modification - Has Anyone Tried This?
From: erich@ridgenet.net (erich@ridgenet.net)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:31 2003
Mark,

Just a couple of comments after doing a fair amount of QRP portable
contesting.  You really want to use either 2M or 432 as a laison frequency
when working the microwave bands.  The trick is to size the 2M setup so that
it works out to at least the limits of the microwave gear.  You definitely
want to be able to switch bands very easily during contests, because often
you contact a station and run all the bands with them, rapidly.  Another
thing is that you need to have something that tells you what transverter is
currently active.  More than once I have been calling on one band while the
distant end is on another, becuase I was a victim of my switchology.
Keeping things simple really helps with those late night contacts.

Good luck in the contest,
Erich   KA6AMD  DM15