[VHFcontesting] Contest results in QST

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Contest results in QST
From: timm@cccomm.net (Tim Marek)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:40 2003
Mike,

The contest needs to be sponsored by someone with the manpower
and financial backing to manage it effectively. While the League
hasn't always done the best job, especially where VHF contests
are concerned, they do have the warm bodies and money needed
to do the job. CQ VHF may have the focus on VHF+ weak signal
but has nowhere near the resources backing it up when compared
to the ARRL.

Which brings up another point, CQ VHF can barely handle the one
contest a year they sponsor now. Why would they (CQ VHF) want
to even think of adding the entire VHF contest calendar to their
workload?

73s de Tim - K7XC - DM09ol... sk

June 2003 VHF QSO Party - K7XC Single Op - DM17 - ABCDE
Where will you be in June?