[VHFcontesting] Re: Fw: VHFcontesting, Get A Grip!

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Fw: VHFcontesting, Get A Grip!
From: johngeig@yahoo.com (John Geiger)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:21 2003
It also might make it easier if we eliminate the ban
on 146.52 simplex.  Why is that still in place?  It
probably had merit when we were all using crystal
rigs, and that was the only simplex frequency that
most people had.  Today, there is virtually no one on
.52 on a consistent basis.  Yet that is the frequency
that most people think of when they think of simplex.
Eliminating the ban on .52 might encourage more
activity, or at least a few additional hams might
stumble across the contest activity there and become
interested.

BTW, what makes 146.52 any more special or important
than 446.0, 223.5, or 52.525, that it deserves a
contest free status, and the others don't?

73s John NE0P