[VHFcontesting] Limited Multi Class

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Limited Multi Class
From: k8kfj@ntelos.net (Garie Halstead)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:19 2003
On Sunday, 01 September 2002, Terry Price wrote:

> I can work more on FM with 25w from here than I could work from
> Ohio with 1500w on SSB!

I think you've enumerated the problem quite well with that comment
Terry (and I have a possible solution).

Ever work a contest called the Stew Perry TopBand Distance Challenge?
Stations on 160m exchanged grid squares.  The logging software that
I used was TR-Log which computed the distance between the two grids
in a given QSO and gave it the appropriate point value.  The longer the
distance involved in the QSO - the higher the point value.  I believe
this method would somewhat level the playing field (especially with
regard to stations making copious amounts of FM contacts near large
metropolitan areas).

I believe our contest friends in Kansas, Iowa, etc. would be
especially happy with this arrangement.  It just makes it more fair
for everyone IMHO.

73 //Gary -K8KFJ-
West Virginia