[VHFcontesting] September VHF Pins Discontinued

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] September VHF Pins Discontinued
From: dhenderson@arrl.org (Henderson, Dan N1ND)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:53 2003
The ARRL Contest Branch has announced that participation pins for two ARRL
Contests - the September VHF QSO Party and the RTTY Roundup - have been
discontinued.

"We have reviewed the various pins programs, and regret that we have had to
drop the pins for these two contests," says ARRL Contest Branch Manager Dan
Henderson, N1ND.  "The decision is not based on lack of support for the
contest.  Rather, sales for neither pin approached the breakeven point, so
they were discontinued."

If you ordered pins for the 2001 ARRL September VHF QSO Party, you should
have received a reimbursement check.  Pins for the 2001 RTTY Roundup are
still available as long as the supply lasts.

The other ARRL contest pins - Sweepstakes CW, Sweepstakes Phone and
International DX Contest - as well as the November Sweepstakes "clean sweep"
mugs will continue to be offered.

Dan Henderson, N1ND
ARRL Contest Branch Manager