[VHFcontesting] Activity_Days

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Activity_Days
From: w3iy@fcc.net (Bill Seabreeze)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:53 2003
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to say thanks to all who got on today.  It was fun...Started out
raining in FM19ha, but turned into a nice day. I almost called it quits,
when my receiver was illumniated by W4AD/4 on 144.260...

Here's what I recall working
432...
K4UW       FM18
WB2SIH    FN31
AA3GN     FN20
K9OYD/4    FM18
ND3F/3        FM19
AA3RE      FN20
WA3GFZ  FN20
WA2ONK  FN20
903...
AA3GN
K9OYD/4
WA3DRC
1296...
AA3GN
K9OYD/4
ND3F/3
WA3GFZ
2304
WA3GFZ
ND3F/3
3456...
ND3F/3
5760...
nada...heard ND3F 579
10368...
W4AD/4    FM18
ND3F/3
(I probably forgot some...sri...the mind is the 2nd thing to go...)

The highlights were working 1).W4AD for a new 10G initial QSO...Jack had a
newly-portable DEM xvtr running 7mW  es 18in offset dish...he was 20/S9 at r
= 15mi.  He was even S7 off the back of my dish, when I was aiming at
Brian...and 2). working Paul, WA3GFZ on 2304...after a near miss on
1296...he was alot louder on 13cm!!  You just cain't never tell bout the
bands!  When in doubt...try the QSO!~!

...And as if that weren't enuff...we made it through nasty beltway traffic
to the WA3ZKR get-together this afternoon in FM19...you wouldn't have
believed the pileup on 47088.1 MHz!!! There were 4 guys on in Jeff's
backyard-all at the same time...sounded like 20 meters!  NE8I, K6LEW, and
W4SW filled my receiver with good quality SSB signals for the
brief-but-intense band opening.  Jeff's gathering was really fun, and it
looked like lots of new guys are getting on 10GHz with the white boxes and
the amazing Kruth-Special 2ft dishes.  Thanks Jeff...it was really a great
afternoon.

73, es don't forget about Monday nite from 7-11pm for another uwave
activity...hpe to CU on the bands!!!

Bill W3IY FM19ha

p.s....listen for the weak ones...~.~