[VHFcontesting] Sept. Contest thoughts....

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Sept. Contest thoughts....
From: jmacmurr@nycap.rr.com (James Mac Murray)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:51 2003
Hello all,
                I see everyone is giving their thoughts on the contest, so I
figured I would give mine. I personally thought that the conditions could
have been much better. Seems the activity was down up here in ENY. Don't get
me wrong, we had a good time here running Unlimited Multi-op. I just wish
Murphy would stop showing up for the contests. LOL Seems he has it out for
our 220 CW rig and 903 Mhz transverter. The station here consists of the
following:

6 meters
                Icom IC-746 @100 Watts
2 Meters
                Icom IC-910H @ 100 Watts SSB
                Radio Shack HTX-212 50 Watts FM
223 MHz
                Homebrew Xmitter 120 Watts (Murphy's favorite)
                Kenwood TH-31AT FM
432 MHz
                Icom IC-910H @ 75 Watts SSB & FM
903 MHz
                Homebrew Transverter (another one of Murphys favorites)
1296 Mhz
                Icom IC-1271A @ 10 Watts

Was very happy to work FM08 from FN32at on 1296. That was the happiest
moment for me.
So, here is the score rundown.
50MHz     54Qs / 19X    144MHz    87Qs / 21X    222Mhz    11Qs / 4X
432MHz    46Qs / 16X    902MHz    3Qs / 1X    1296MHz    13Qs / 7X
TOTAL = 20604

Looking forward to January. Should be fun. 73 to all de James (N2UZQ)

n2uzq@arrl.net