[VHFcontesting] K7XC/R Route This Weekend

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K7XC/R Route This Weekend
From: timm@cccomm.net (Tim Marek)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:50 2003
Hi Gang....

The K7XC/R team of Tim - NS9E and myself will meet Friday to finish
integrating the station. Then we will depart for Southern CA spending the
night somewhere along the way.

We will start the contest atop the hills outside Kettleman City in CM95,
then slightly lower in DM05, Then along the highway in DM06, then CM96 while
enroute to CM97. Sun AM we work our way to the top of Mt Diablo - CM97 for a
few hours then onward to CM88, CM98, CM99, CM89, CN80, and ending atop Mt
Lassen in CN90.

This route places us within range of returning home at a decent hour Sunday
night.

We will have the following for bands / ants...

SSB/CW -
__50 Mhz- 706G#1, 100W, KQ Loop
_144 Mhz- 706G#1, 170W Mirage amp, KQ Loop or 2M9SSB yagi
_222 Mhz- 706G#2, Xvtr, 140W Mirage Amp, KQ Loop
_432 Mhz- 706G#2, 110W Mrage Brick, M2 Eggbeater or 440-18 Yagi
1296 Mhz- 2M IF rig, Xvtr, 3W brick, Homebrew turnstile / dipole

FM -
146.55 FM - 50W into 5/8 Vert
223.50 FM - 35W into 5/8 Vert
446.00 FM - 10W into 1/4 Vert

223 and 446 FM will be on and squelched at all times. Feel free to call us
there anytime.

We will be readily available for UHF Q's so if we dont ask you to QSY, dont
be afraid to ask us!

No time to get 903, 2304, or 10 Ghz ready, Sorry.

For January we will also be ROVER and should have every band thru 10Ghz
playing by then.

Best of luck!

Tim - K7XC/Rover - DM09ol... sk
--------
Sept 2001 - K7XC/R - CM95 to CN90 - ABCDE