Re: [TowerTalk] DROPPING A TOWER

To: "cqtestk4xs@aol.com" <cqtestk4xs@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DROPPING A TOWER
From: Haring family <dcharing@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2024 12:20:28 -0400
Bill,

It's pretty easy with a crane.

Do you want it intact when you're done? You could just drop it like a metal
tree - I and others have done that before... and some of it may be
re-usable...

If you try to lower it in a controlled manner with heavy equipment and a
winch, you won't be successful for the last 15 degrees - and if you've
whacked or notched some of the legs, you risk having those shear and kick
on you when close to the ground.

Offer it for free to whomever pays the crane rental fee.

regards,

Dave N3AC
Forest, Virginia