Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: MFJ QRT on May 17, 2024

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: MFJ QRT on May 17, 2024
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 05:32:12 -0500
For some reason ARRL hired J school grads to work on QST.
Non-technical people.  I guess they viewed QST as no longer a tech.
journal and wanted to steer everyone to QEX.   On average, there's
maybe one thing in each issue that's interesting enough for me to
read.  The latest issue has a review of the NCC2 phase box.

MFJ's website is pretty bad which may have hurt sales.

QST will lose MFJ ad revenue but it's not as bad as people think.
Look at the list of advertisers in the back of each issue.  MFJ,
Ameritron, Cushcraft etc. have several pages to be sure, but there are
lots and lots of other full page buyers as well.

Rob
K5UJ