Re: [TowerTalk] Need 26-foot Glen Martin Roof Tower Info

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need 26-foot Glen Martin Roof Tower Info
From: john simmons <jasimmons@pinewooddata.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 12:34:43 +0000
See:

www.w8io.com<http://www.w8io.com>

W8IO Roof Tower Products

W8IO, ham radio roof tower,rooftower

🔗 http://www.w8io.com/rooftower.htm<http://www.w8io.com/rooftower.htm>

 73
-de "Curly" John NI0K
QRZ.com<https://www.qrz.com/db/ni0k>
Hamshack Hotline<https://hamshackhotline.com/> call me: 6100000271

On 4/23/2024 8:42 PM, john@kk9a.com<mailto:john@kk9a.com> wrote:

I believe Create still manufactures the CR45 roof tower which is 4.7m.  I
would not want to go any higher than that just screwed into a standard roof
with lag screws.

John KK9A

larryj at teleport.com wrote:

Thanks to everyone who replied with info, and helped me find a web site that
has the Owner's Manual for a Glen Martin RT-2632 Roof Tower:

https://dta0yqvfnusiq.cloudfront.net/glenmartin/2016/07/RT-2632-160712-57851
00c4122e.pdf

According to the manual, the RT-2632 tower is a combination of the 18-foot
model # RT-1832 roof tower, with an RT-2732 9-foot rooftop addition to make
it the 26.5-foot RT-2632. The pieces and dimensions of the 9-foot addition
are shown in the manual, maybe I could find a local company who could
fabricate them. But the cost would probably be prohibitive.

I shouldn't have procrastinated, and bought one when they were still
available for sale from Glen Martin! I had no idea that they wouldn't be
available for a long time, and that no other company would offer a similar
replacement.

Thanks again to everyone who offered suggestions and links to information!

73,
Larry