[TowerTalk] Wanted LPDA 4-30 MHz

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wanted LPDA 4-30 MHz
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 05:53:25 -0500
>I am hunting a military/commercial grade 4-30 MHz. Log Periodic Dipole
>Antenna (LPDA).  Any leads will be greatly appreciated.

Andrew used to make them for us ("us" meaning US Army Communications
Command) but they were 2 to 30 MHz.  Back in the mid to late 1970s I
was assigned to a tactical outfit in AZ and we had two telescoping
towers on trailers that extended to around 100 feet.  We would convoy
to whatever war game was going on, usually Texas or Washington State,
and put these LPDAs, one on each tower side by side and run 15 KW of
RTTY through them.  Since Andrew has been sold I doubt if LPDAs are
still in the product line and I'm not sure if they ever made a 4 to 30
model.  I'll say one thing, you'd better have a lot of jack because it
won't be cheap.

73
Rob
K5UJ