Re: [TowerTalk] TET Antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TET Antenna
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 16:27:14 -0700
Hi Mike,

I found this online (scroll to the bottom left for old TET brochures and manuals):
https://tetemtron.com/

IIRC the OSU ARC, W8LT, had a TET 15/10 meter dual band Yagi back in the mid-to-late '80s when I was a member. It was interlaced with a two-element 20 meter quad. We eventually took down the dual-bander and added a third element to the quad and strung the spreaders so that the quad had three elements on 10 and 15 meters. Our tower (a few sections  of Rohn 25) was nestled between two large flag poles on top of the southeast bell tower at the OSU football stadium. This limited the turning radius such that you could not have full 360 degree rotation of a 20 meter Yagi (hence the 2 element quad). I think the TET 10/15 meter dual-bander fit within the turning radius. The 20 meter two-element quad definitely fit within the available space, but barely. When we rotated the antenna, the VSWR would swing wildly as the quad elements came in close proximity to the metal flag poles. I think the boom of the quad was at around 110 feet above the parking lot of the stadium, although that whole area was close to the Olentangy River, so it was in a bit of a low spot terrain wise. Nevertheless, that quad antenna worked pretty well.

Another former OSU ARC member, N8SM (now sadly an silent key) might have had a TET tribander on the repurposed TV tower at his parents house.

73, Mike W4EF...........